Living Our Dream
“How can Harlequin be more environmentally conscious?”
By asking ourselves this simple question we ignited the fresh approach to the way we do business with you.
Since Harlequin was founded in 1996, we have continually invested in our future and are passionately committed to developing new materials, products, processes and partnerships. We are committed to using recyclable, biodegradable and compostable packaging and to seeking out the best environmental products the world has to offer.
We always practice what we preach and believe it is our responsibility to teach our kids just what the environment means to us, and how we can live in and look after our planet.
More than just a bag company, Harlequin’s aim is to be a “more than for profit” organisation. We re-invest in our ideology and avoid business that conflicts with our commitment to ethical practices. We seek relationships with organisations and charities that share our ideals and dreams. We recognise our humanitarian responsibilities, not only to the way our goods are produced for you, but also to the working conditions of the people who make them for us.
So this is our promise. We will implement eco-conscious strategies and products in our company, so that you, our customer, will feel confident dealing with Harlequin. Our staff feel enormous satisfaction knowing we are helping limit the impact on our planet. By sharing our ethos, we hope to inspire and empower all of you to join us and make our dream, yours.
- Making decisions and engaging in activities that limit our environmental impact.
- Reducing waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials wherever available, economical and suitable.
- Promoting efficient use of resources throughout our facility including water, electricity and raw materials, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoiding unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products.
- Training and educating our employees about environmental issues and encouraging them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Communicating our environmental commitment to our customers and suppliers, and encouraging them to support it.
- Continually improving our environmental performance.
"Living our dream means creating an ecologically sustainable furture for our children to thrive in."